Sunday 7 July 2024

The Story of Us - My Digital Storytelling

 For this next assignment, Implementation 5, I decided to try and do something different. Something I have not done before, something I have watched others do but never tried myself. I decided to do this assignment strictly using my phone and two apps, Capcut and TikTok. Instead of using pictures I had on my phone, I used my phone to film pictures and film it in a way as if I was using transitions that I would find on a slideshow app. The next struggle was then to place the audio. I had to work through the song, to get that audio in the exact spot and then to place that in the video, and finally fade the audio at the end of the video. That took a while. Once that was done, I used TikTok to do a voice-over and export it to my phone, and then airdrop the video to my computer. I could have finished the whole video in Capcut but I really wanted to try using TikTok. So many of my students use it why not me. 

This was a steep learning curve for me. I had to rely on the mercies of those that have done this already and posted their wisdom on Google and YouTube. I may have had to call on my son and daughter to help me. Yes, I am at that stage where I need to call on my kids to help me with this fandangled new thing. Overall it was fun. I enjoyed doing this. It took a lot of time to get this done. I may have worked through the night to get this done. Like Reels and TikToks, this story is brief.

I hope you enjoy it. Last minute hassle, I tried to upload the video directly to this blog, but it wouldn't allow me for whatever reason. I tried a few times but oh well. Even embedding it was a challenge. Had to google and troubleshoot this issue was a major headache. But I think I got it now. I uploaded this video to my YouTube account. I set this video as private for two reasons,  I'm a private type of guy, and to avoid any copyright issues with the song that I'm using. Another reason, why I'm only using a portion of the song is copyright issues. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it.

The Story of Mike and Bev


No comments:

Post a Comment